Encourage Appropriate Professional Help
There are many professionals who can offer help when someone is in crisis or may be experiencing the signs and symptoms of a mental illness or addiction.
- Types of Professionals
- Doctors (primary care physicians or psychiatrists)
- Social workers, counselors, and other mental health professionals
- Certified peer specialists
- Types of Professional Help
- “Talk” therapies
- Other professional supports
The Mental Health First Aid course provides a variety of local and national resources to connect individuals in need to care.